Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Testing...

It's all quiet on the Dixon front today thanks to our DRP testing.

3 days set aside for students to answer 70 questions and fill in 70 different bubbles with freshly sharpened #2 pencils.

Most of them were at least halfway finished by the end of class today.

Hmm....

Yay for silent reading time, right?

So, I'm checking those little items off of my eternally long to-do list one by one.

Created emergency sub plans - check.

Wrote emails to the principal and department with new updates - check.

Listened to Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong during my prep and dreamed of the 1940s - check.

Started a check-out system for my classroom library - check.

Submitted ideas for accommodations for specific students with 504s - check.

Tried to solidify my curriculum map and didn't get frustrated when no one knew what class sets of texts the school has - check.

Fell in love with my job all over again when a sweet unknown student popped into my class and told me that she wished I had been here last year so that she could have had me for 7th grade - check.

Looking forward to finishing more to-dos tomorrow.

:D


1 comment:

  1. Wow. I've never realized testing could be so sweet. I am impressed with the way you've made use of your time. Well done on the checklist and on creating a following for yourself among students who aren't even able to take your class!

    ReplyDelete