So - school hasn't even started.
I have no idea how today will go, though I feel in my bones the promise of an uneventful day (crossing fingers).
My students are just reviewing key literary terms by finding examples from their novels...
But I'm sick.
Yum.
So I'm going home as soon as possible after that bell rings...
But I did not want to forget the two moments of this morning:
- Asst. Principal comes up to me with a piece of paper and says, "We want you back next year. Sign this please." WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?! I looked at him a little starry-eyed and said, "Really?" I'm sure he could tell from the surprise/bewilderment/absolute elation on my face that he said something not quite right. He takes the piece of paper back and asks, "How did we hire you again?" I replied, "As an intern." "Oh - then you don't need to sign this." My heart may have fallen to my feet at that moment. If only he'd known how much I was wanting that invitation to return. "We'd love to have you back next year," he rewound his words to lessen the damage to my heart, "but we won't know about that for a little while." Yup. Awesome moment of the morning.
- Shortly after the above incident, the teacher in charge of the "Teacher of the Year" Award came up to me and said, "You know you were nominated for Teacher of the Year. Unfortunately, since you're an intern, you don't qualify. But still - that's such an incredible sign!" Yes, my friends, I'm making progress in this world.
They were just the moments I needed to get me through until 3:30pm when I shall go home and sleep until tomorrow. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment