Can I just tell you how much I stress about meeting with my principal - maybe it's because so much is riding on him and how he feels about me, but even when I'm prepared up the WAHZOO, I feel like I'm a 5-year-old in his office.
But he called me in today to meet him about some assessment reflections. Good thing I'm the most reflective person I know. Yes - I've self-dubbed myself with the nickname "Mirror." It happened. Today. :D
Needless to say, I was pooped when I left his office. Did he confirm that he has a desire to keep me at the school and that I'm doing good things here? Yeah. Did he also encourage me to NOT HOLD MY BREATH and wait around for an offer here? Yeah. He said he would only know in April if there was a position available and he encouraged me to be looking for employment opportunities at other schools.
Yeah.
Again - no answers - and I'm reading way too much into everything. What can I say. I'm a FEMALE ENGLISH TEACHER. It's what I was born to do.
But my lack of energy in regards to the unknown is a little scary. I've sent some messages to old friends who are working as teachers, asking about districts, employment researching tools, etc, but all of it feels so incredibly intimidating that I'm seizing up just thinking about it. How do I even get this grown-up thing called a job?
One piece of advice I've received - buy a new "POPPING" outfit for the teacher fair. Bright colors. Style it up. Look REALLY good to ensure there's no chance of forgetting me.
Is it bad that the shopping aspect may be the most overwhelming of all?
So I'm on the search. "POPPING" outfit and new job - here I come. I'm not scared of you at all. Nope. Not even a little.
(Okay. I lied. It's really a whole lot.)
No comments:
Post a Comment